Last updated : 02/06/2022
To create LKIM Employees who uphold and uphold the principles of integrity and accountability towards achieving an excellent public delivery system.
To ensure that LKIM employees practice a superior work culture with strong moral and ethical characteristics.
INTEGRITY UNIT’S CUSTOMER CHARTER
We are committed in providing ethical and integrity services to meet the needs and requirements of customers as per the following Customer Charter :-
1. Receive & take action on all complaints or information on misconduct and violation of the integrity of LKIM officers and staff within the time frame specified according to the channel :-
a) Oral Complaints – 3 working days
b) Email – 14 working days
c) Phone / Letter – 14 working days
d) Further Investigation – Not more than 60 days
2. Manage disciplinary cases until the completion of the disciplinary sentence within sixteen (16) weeks from the date the case has been completed information and documentation.
3. Inform the decision of disciplinary action to the officer or staff of LKIM within fourteen (14) working days from the date of the meeting.
4. Inform the decision of the disciplinary appeal to the officer or staff of LKIM within fourteen (14) working days from the date of the meeting.
5. Inform the results of the LKIM Disciplinary Committee meeting (declaration of property or ownership of the company/business) to the relevant LKIM officer or staff within two (2) weeks from the date of the meeting.
6. Take follow -up action and instructions on reports of absence from duty without leave/without permission/without reasonable cause or any violation of the code of conduct within seven (7) working days from the date the report is received.
7. Educate and cultivate the implementation of integrity among Officers and Staff of the Malaysian Fisheries Development Authorit.
8. The information and identity of the informant will be kept confidential in accordance with applicable law.
FUNCTION & OBJECTIVE OF INTEGRITY UNIT
Service Circular No. 6 of 2013 informs of the Malaysian Government’s decision to establish an Integrity Unit as a focal point for integrity -related management in all public agencies.
The Integrity Unit is responsible for performing six (6) core functions as follows :-
- Ensure the best governance is implemented.
2. STRENGTHENING INTEGRITY
- Ensure the cultivating, institutionalization and implementation of integrity in the organization.
3. COMPLAINT MANAGEMENT
- Menerima dan mengambil tindakan ke atas semua aduan atau maklumat mengenai salah laku jenayah serta pelanggaran tatakelakuan dan etika organisasi.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
5. DETECTION & VERIFICATION
- Detect & confirm complaints of criminal misconduct as well as violations of the organization’s code of conduct and ethics and ensure appropriate follow -up action is taken; and
- Report criminal misconduct to the responsible enforcement agency.
- Perform the functions of the Secretariat of the Disciplinary Action Committee & the Disciplinary Appeal Committee.
DETECTION, VERIFICATION AND DISCIPLINE SUB-UNIT
- Conduct investigations into complaints involving misconduct by LKIM staff.
- Manage disciplinary action.
- Provide disciplinary reports to MAFI.
- LKIM Disciplinary Secretariat.
- Managing property declarations, serious indebtedness, involvement in politics, outside employment and government land application matters.
- AKRAB Secretariat.
INTEGRITY STRENGTHENING AND COMPLAINTS MANAGEMENT SUB-UNIT
- Implement the Integrity Strengthening program at LKIM.
- To plan and provide integrity course modules to LKIM staff.
- Implement the management of public complaints.
- Complaints Management Meeting Secretariat (JKTPA).
- Prepare complaint reports.
COMPLIANCE AND GOVERNANCE SUB-UNIT
- Monitor compliance with the rules applied in LKIM.
- Conduct regulatory compliance inspections in Divisions and States.
- Secretariat of the LKIM Governance Integrity Committee.
- Provide Integrity management implementation report to MAFI and MACC.
- Manage the administration and Finance of the Integrity Unit.
ANTICORRUPTION INNITIATIVE PLAN (PINTAR) LKIM TAHUN 2022-2026
(Click the link below for more information) :
Lembaga Kemajuan Ikan Malaysia,
Aras 2, Wisma LKIM, Jalan Desaria,
Pulau Meranti, 47120 Puchong,
Phone : 03-8064 9000 (ext. 9080 / 9081 / 9088 / 9166 / 7500 / 7441)
Fax : 03-8060 1104
Email : email@example.com